Aubameyang stripped of captaincy
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will no longer captain Arsenal and will miss the next London derby with West Ham. Arsenal FC striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been deprived of the captain’s armband as a disciplinary punishment, the Gunners’ press service reported. Also, the player will not be able to take part in the next match of the “gunners” in the championship of England against “West Ham”, writes youaremyarsenal.com.
“We expect all of our players, especially our captain, to perform in accordance with the rules and standards that we have all set and agreed upon,” reads the Arsenal website. On best online sports betting Canada for the betting on further matches of Arsenal.
“The club’s statement was understandable. Because of what happened to this player, we made such a decision, this is our position. Of course, making such a decision, we only wanted to protect the interests of the club. We made this decision because it hurt. We still experience pain. It takes time for the wounds to heal. Now Aubameyang is not in the application, “- quotes the words of the Spanish specialist Sky Sports.
The 32-year-old striker signed with Arsenal in January 2018. The player’s team agreement is valid until June 30, 2023. For 163 matches in the London club, the forward scored 92 goals and gave 21 assists.
• It is known that after the match against Everton (in which Arsenal lost 1: 2) Aubameyang asked Arteta for permission to travel to France. He wanted to visit his mother and take her back to England. The Spaniard gave the go-ahead, but only on condition that the Gabonese returned on the same day (that is, Wednesday).
• Pierre-Emerick did not land in London until Thursday morning and was in time for morning practice. But he was not allowed – the club considered that he was clearly informed about the timing of his return. Aubameyang trained at home on Friday.
• At a press conference before the match against Southampton, Arteta did not talk about problems with the Gabonese, but left a hidden message to Aubameyang.
“I have a very good relationship with my players. Everyone should understand that I always do my best for this club and for this team. [Disciplinary] decisions are not personal – they are made only to achieve better results. That’s all.
When a player doesn’t score, it affects his confidence, mood and self-confidence. In this case, you must fight – in no case accept the current state of affairs and do not feel sorry for yourself, “said the Spaniard.
• This is not Aubameyang’s first disciplinary offense this year. In February he was caught violating the covid protocol (getting a tattoo), in March he was excluded from the application for the match with Tottenham due to being late for a team meeting. And after losing the Manchester United match in early December, Aubameyang liked Cristiano Ronaldo’s winning Instagram post, which angered Arsenal fans.
• The past captain of Arsenal – Granit Jaka – also did not part with the bandage of his own free will. In October 2019 (then the club was still led by Unai Emery), Jaka cursed at the booing Arsenal fans when he left as a substitute in the match against Crystal Palace. Following this incident, Emery appointed Aubameyang as Captain.